Saturday, June 6, 2009

My angel baby


So...each child has their own unique personalities. I think so far my third has to be the most entertaining. He is his own person, no matter who is around. Sure, he has his shy moments occasionally when in a new situation (especially if tired). But then there are those times that he greats complete strangers with, "I got a band-aid! I got ant bite!" Here are a few of the stories that just had us smiling:


He had surgery on his neck sometime last year. His brother and I both wake up crying when we have anesthesia. Not Lincoln. The first thing he does when he wakes up in recovery? "YOOK!" (look!) as he holds up his arm with the IV in it to the nurse. "Yook at my arm!" He thought it was the coolest thing.


Nate was eating his spaghetti (second plate) and said, "I'm going to grow up strong - like Samson and Daddy!" So sweet! The next day Lincoln was eating his taco and said, "I'm going to be strong like Samson!" I prodded, "And who else?" "Jesus! Jesus is STRONG!" "And...???" "John Henry!" So I asked, "And Daddy?" To which Lincoln replied, "No...he not strong." Gotta love him!

Lincoln has been wearing a spiderman cape EVERYWHERE lately! We do not allow him to wear it to bed, but he wears it pretty much everywhere else. Usually, he puts it on first thing in the morning and exclaims, "I'm a SUPERHERO!" He jumped off his great-aunts porch (as high as he is) so he could fly (brings back Kevin's memories of his escapades as a child). The boys and I were discussing the places their Grandpa Mike has lived. When I mentioned Saudi Arabia and that you have to fly there, Lincoln got all excited and began to look around, "Oooh! I need my tape!" (cape) Absolutely the truth. I honestly think we need to watch him because he really does think he can fly when he wears that thing.

Another cape story...he came out of his room one morning with a stethoscope around his neck, "I'm a doctor!" Then he goes back in and comes out wearing his cape, "I'm a SUPER DOCTOR!!!"

He can't say his "k" sound - so imagine the humor when he tells people about our new kitties. Except it comes out like, "We have TITTIES! A mama titty and yots of baby titties! Black baby titties and bwown baby titties." Yep. Keep a straight face while he tells you about it. I dare you!

I love this child. This child who I wondered if he would ever learn the names of his family members or his colors. If he would crawl forever or finally walk. If he would ever ever remember to "use big boy words" instead of whining or crying. Now he's learning letters and letter sounds and begs for "school work like ya-ya." He can be loud and "high maintenance." But he can also be oh, so affectionate. And funny. And absolutely fun to be with.

My Lincoln, the one I call, "Angel Baby."

1 comment:

Rami said...

Aww! Made me tear up! He is such a beautiful child! I gotta say... I love him, too.