Sunday, January 20, 2008

Potty Training and Poop

November 13, 2007 - Tuesday

Okay. So potty training isn't going as smoothly this time around. Same age as the other two (perhaps younger by a week or two). And I've trained a girl and boy before. So what's going on this time around? Well, I can attribute much of it to the aforementioned boy and girl. It's difficult to catch the tinkling as it's happening when Booze-Booze (Blues Clues) is on, the older two are either laughing, talking, fighting, singing, or just making noises just for the sake of being noisy. But I have caught it several times, usually about 1-2 a day "in the process." The other times I peek in and see the potty in the seat. The connection has still not been made. He knows that when Mommy looks in and gets excited, he gets marshmallows. Not clear about what Mommy's looking at, but hey, it's marshmallows - who's complaining? I know he can go about an hour and then needs to sit. Great for home, not so great for stores! So, what to do? Continue on as we have been doing, and hope it's just taking a little longer, but he'll eventually catch on? Or throw in the towel and try again in January? He just has to get it before #4 arrives!


While I ponder the problem, I have poop on a wall and a puddle of potty to clean.

No comments: